The carob is the fruit of the carob tree, Ceratonia Siliqua L., native to the Mediterranean which can measure up to ten meters high and another two meters in diameter. The fruit of the carob tree, which does not begin to bear until it is at least 8 years old, is a dark brown pod that can reach up to thirty centimeters in length and inside it stores the seeds.
Although carob is a legume, its most common use in cooking is in powder form (carob flour) as a substitute for chocolate in the preparation of desserts and sweets.
By consuming carob powder we will be obtaining carbohydrates, vitamins A, from group B (B1, B2, B3, B6, B9 or acid folate), C, E, minerals such as potassium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, zinc, calcium, selenium, iodine, fatty acids, carotenoids, vegetable proteins and fiber.
Carob is good for:
- Combats the action of free radicals
- Reduces blood glucose levels
- Helps regulate intestinal transit, combating constipation
- Take care of our cardiovascular system
- Balances the pH of the blood
- It is an energy food
- Strengthens our bones and teeth
- Prevents the formation of blood clots
- Combats tiredness and weakness
- Helps maintain good vision
- Promotes the proper functioning of the immune system
- Carob takes care of our skin, hair and nails
- Facilitates cognitive functions such as learning
- Prevents malformations during pregnancy
- It benefits our intestinal flora
- Keeps heart rate and blood pressure stable
- Improves muscle and neural tone
- Stimulates the secretion of breast milk
- Protects the walls of blood vessels
- Improves memory
- Prevents the formation of stones or calculi in the kidneys
- Helps the function of the prostate gland
- Delays aging and the appearance of degenerative diseases
- Carob favors the formation of red blood cells, helping to prevent anemia.
- Reduces PMS symptoms
- It is an excellent food during the stages of growth, pregnancy and lactation, as well as for people who play sports or have high physical and mental demands.
Algarrobina can be consumed with spoonfuls directly; and it is also used in the preparation of beverages, yogurt, ice cream, cookies, pastries, among others.
Due to its pleasant sweet flavor, it is usually used as an ingredient for the preparation of: Algarrobina cocktail, typical drink from the Piura region, algarrobina ice cream, algarrobina toffee, algarrobina candies, algarrobina mousse, muffins carob.
Si deseas comprar este producto por mayor para venta minorista o comprarlo a granel, solicita una cotización a través de nuestros canales de comunicación.
- Correo: email@example.com
- Whatsapp: (+51) 926876263.