The camu camu is a tree and fruit native to the Peruvian Amazon, which extends through land prone to flooding during the rainy season.
Camu camu is a small, reddish-colored fruit with a slightly acid flavor. And although its leaves and even the bark of the tree are often used for healing purposes, the most widespread use is that of its fruit, thanks mainly to its high levels of vitamin C. It is estimated that this superfood may have a concentration of this vitamin 30 times higher in its pulp compared to other fruits, such as oranges or lemons.
Camu camu has historically been used as an antiviral and anti-flu fruit, and is believed to be an effective treatment against ailments such as cold sores and shingles, the common cold and cough. It is also attributed anti-inflammatory and emollient qualities, due to its vitamin C content.Benefits
Intake of camu camu increases levels of ascorbic acid, calcium, iron, phosphorus, potassium, niacin, and riboflavin. All this nutritional cocktail improves the functioning of our body, keeping it stable and healthy. Also:
- Improves the body's functions.
- Excellent for the proper functioning of the heart and kidneys.
- Perfect for digestion thanks to serine.
- Fights aging.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Effective against herpes and other viral diseases.
- Prevents degenerative diseases of the brain such as Alzheimer's, improves concentration and avoids “brain fog”.
- Helps prevent cancer.
- Perfect anti-inflammatory.
- Adequate collagen support for ligaments and tendons.
The recommended daily dose is 2 capsules 3 times a day. It can be taken with water or natural fruit juice.