Achiote, Bixa Orellana, also known by other names such as axiote, roncol, bija, urucú or annatto, is a plant native to tropical America. It has very showy flowers and the fruit is a capsule with spikes that keeps inside some red triangular-shaped seeds. The fruits, seeds, roots and leaves have been traditionally used by cultures such as the Mayans for their medicinal properties.
The achiote is mainly used by making an infusion with the seeds or the leaves, but in addition to being able to use the achiote for internal use, we can prepare it in the form of a poultice for external use. It is also very common to use it as a natural food coloring to color different cooking recipes.
- Improves arterial hypertension
- It is useful in cases of gastritis and heartburn
- Stimulates the proper functioning of the kidneys
- Helps fight or reduce prostatitis
- Achiote is used for cases of fever
- The infusion of fruits and seeds is used for headaches (infusion and poultice)
- It is an effective remedy for diarrhea
- It is beneficial to treat urine infections (cystitis)
- Annato improves respiratory conditions
- The leaves help fight throat infection
- Improve liver health
- The infusion of the leaves is used to combat conjunctivitis
- Improves the general condition of the skin
- Annatto helps us prevent premature aging
- Applied externally, it helps to heal wounds
- Protects the skin from sun exposure (external use)
Currently, this product is widely used in traditional medicine; It can also be prepared as an infusion by placing 20 grams of powdered achiote in a liter of water and drinking it as timed water to deflate the prostate and urinary tract
Si deseas comprar este producto por mayor para venta minorista o comprarlo a granel, solicita una cotización a través de nuestros canales de comunicación.
- Correo: email@example.com
- Whatsapp: (+51) 926876263.